CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Artificial

I just reached for my Orbitz Bubblemint gum that I chew compulsively. I love it for its "children's tooth paste" flavor. The happy medium of yummyness for the kiddies so they'll put it in their mouths and mintyness for their parents to make an eardrum bursting, breathy scream 2 inches from your face slightly less insulting.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed the fine print under the word "Bubblemint"...artificially flavored! What! This is an unacceptable atrocity. Had I known that they weren't actually using extracts from legitimate bubblemint shrubs, but manufacturing this flavor in a laboratory, I would have never started chewing approximately 8 pieces a day*.

I'll have to check the labels on my Mint Mojito and Sangria Fresca gums, too...those might be artificial as well! It sure would help explain why I never even get a slight buzz when I chew them...

this should be a lesson to all of us. We have to read labels carefully. You think you know something...

*except for that time that Joanna was visiting me and she dared me to put all of the pieces from the 60 piece bigEpak cup in my mouth. And I dared her...so we split it....but we did. We chewed an entire cup of gum.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Egads, nothing worse than faux blow. Suggest you call the head of Orbitz and chew him out.

Breeny said...

Dear Sarah,

Orbit is a gum brand. Orbitz is a website to book travel arrangements.

Love,
Me